Work With Us
Start your career with Selective Travel Management
Best Place to Work | Right Place to Work | Workplace Wellbeing | Workplace Excellence
at the Irish News & Workplace Employment Awards 2019
I.T Support Technician (Level 1) (REF: STM122)
Closes:19th January 2022
New I.T vacancy.
An opportunity has arisen in the Belfast city centre office of Selective Travel Management, Northern Ireland’s largest Travel Management Company for an I.T. Support Technician to join our in-house I.T. team and provide real-time support to our user base of more than 100 users.
To provide an outstanding level of service to our staff members in relation to all IT support matters.
This role involves:
• Providing 1st level technical support to our team of over 100 travel professionals based in our Belfast & Dublin offices and to our remote workers based worldwide.
• Resolving software & hardware issues reported by phone and via our online helpdesk system both on-site & remotely.
• Escalating issues to our in-house development team, I.T. management & vendors in an appropriate & timely manner
• Monitoring mission critical systems and carrying out regular scheduled maintenance tasks to proactively reduce the risk of I.T. outages
• Identifying & implementing procedures to improve the I.T. support service offered.
• Ensuring that agreed I.T. policies and best practice are adhered to and that proper records are kept.
• Ensuring that agreed support SLA’s are met & exceeded
Skills & Experience:
• Workplace Experience in 1st level I.T. technical support in a Windows environment (Windows 10, MS Office 365)
• Graduates with work placement experience will be considered, however a minimum of 1 years’ experience would be preferable.
• Excellent general hardware knowledge (desktops, laptops, printers, networking, etc.)
• First class inter-personal & communication skills, both verbal & written – fluent English is essential
• The ability to deliver an exceptional customer experience to both internal & external customers
• Good time management skills are essential along with the ability to prioritise tasks based on business needs
• A passion for I.T., a positive attitude to work and a willingness to learn & develop new skills are essential
Experience in any of the following areas would be an advantage:
• Basic Linux administration
• Firewall administration
• MS 365 Apps administration – Teams, Exchange, Sharepoint, etc
• Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• PBX administration (preferably Asterisk)
• Active Directory
• Travel Global Distribution Systems (GDS’s), such as Galileo
Training will be provided for all in-house systems and you will have the opportunity to continue your development as you progress in your career. This role will report to the Group I.T. Operations Manager.
This is a permanent role working Monday-Friday during normal business hours (37.5 hours per week). Currently working remotely due to COVID-19, however it is a requirement of this role that the successful candidate be able to attend our office in Belfast city centre as required, therefore candidates must reside within reasonable commuting distance of Belfast city centre.
Occasional on-call emergency support cover may be required on evenings/weekends (averaging no more than 1 day per month)
Successfully passing a background check is a mandatory requirement of this role.
The role is part of a busy, dynamic IT Department with enormous scope to gain experience working with Enterprise systems in a growing organisation.
To apply for this vacancy:
The closing date for this position will be 19th January 2022 @ 5pm
Please Note: We do not require the assistance of agencies at this time. If unsolicited CVs are received from agencies, we will not be liable for any introduction fees. Thank you for your co-operation.
Selective Travel Management are an equal opportunity employer.
Out of Hours Business Travel Consultant (REF: STM124)
Closes:21st January 2022
New role for 2022.
Are you an experienced Business Travel Consultant looking for a challenge in a fast-paced working environment? Would you like to be working from home for Selective Travel Management? If yes, then read on!
Due to the continued growth of our customers, Selective Travel Management is looking to recruit experienced Business Travel Consultants to join our out of hour’s team working from home.
You will be part of a team of home-based travel consultants responding to queries from corporate clients & travel agents across the UK & Ireland. You will play a vital role in ensuring we continue to exceed our service level agreements and fulfill our customer requirements by providing the highest level of customer service and the best value for money.
It will also be essential that you complete a CTC clearance security check that will permit you to be able to work with our confidential accounts.
Hours of Work:
Our initial induction & training can take approximately 10-12 weeks during daytime office hours. This will be based in our Belfast office and will be planned alongside your team Manager, allowing you the opportunity to gain as much experience as possible across all of our various accounts.
Following successful completion of Out of Hours training, you will be required to work a rolling shift pattern to meet our client and business needs.
The shift pattern will vary to include working hours of Monday – Friday 18:00 until 08:30 (the following morning). Weekend shifts will include various shifts throughout Saturday and Sunday to ensure we are able to provide our clients with a 24/7 service. Independent overnight shifts will be allocated once the full induction program and training have been completed.
Role of a Business Travel Consultant:
• Deal with enquiries from our corporate clients from both our Belfast and Dublin offices who consist of SME’s, Government bodies and the Higher Education sector across the UK and Ireland & travel agents over the phone and by email as well as some of our Consol agents.
• Using various GDS to make reservations including flights, hotels, car hire, rail and other business travel needs
• Offering excellent customer service to all our clients
• Process amendments and cancellations as requested by the client in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with the company standards.
• To issue, re-issue and perform re-calculations of international and domestic airfares within the booking conditions.
• Ensure all communication both written and verbal is professional, accurate in accordance with SLA’s.
• Take ownership of customer issues solving problems without hesitation or delay.
• Ensure the highest level of customer service is offered to all our clients at all times
Key Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
• GDS experience essential (preferably Galileo)
• Excellent knowledge of net & published fares.
• A strong client focus
• Accuracy and ability to follow complex instructions
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• Well organized and quick to prioritize workload
• Ability to think logically and consider all relevant aspects with strong analytical skills
• Knowledge of booking flights, hotels, rail, car hire and other ancillary items
• Be able to work on your own as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to precise time frames is paramount
• A strong ability to be able to multitask and deal with multiple enquiries at any given time without notice
Training will be provided and you will have the opportunity to continue your development as you progress in your career.
If you feel this is you and want to be part of an award-winning company please send your CV and Monitoring form to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can take the first step of 'Our Journey Together'.
Selective Travel Management is an equal opportunities employer.
Business Travel Consultant (REF: STM125)
Closes:23rd January 2022
Fancy joining the team?
We’re looking for various roles to join our corporate teams. We are looking for people to service our internal teams as well as our clients.
You will be part of a team of corporate/internal/group travel consultants responding to travel requests from SME’s, Government bodies and the Higher Education sector across the UK and Ireland as well as handling internal enquiries. You will play a vital role in ensuring we continue to exceed our service level agreements and fulfill our customer requirements by providing the highest level of customer service and the best value for money.
• Give expert travel quotes and provide creative travel itineraries.
• The group's team are responsible for handling requests for over 9 travellers for all teams across the corporate division
• The internal team will be responsible to handle supplier bookings for all teams across the corporate division
• Working as part of a team arranging worldwide travel for corporate & business accounts within commercial, government, education & local authorities
• Ensure all quotations meet client needs and reservations are booked in an accurate and timely manner.
• Providing in depth knowledge of destinations, tour operators and suppliers
• Know your customer, listen to their needs and conduct yourself at all times in a friendly and professional manner
• Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and make sure all requirements are accurately met each and every time in line with client needs
• Act as an ambassador and key point of contact for the client during their travels before, during and after
• Using a GDS booking system / other reservation system
Skills & Experience:
• Excellent time management and organisational skills are essential
• Ability to work under pressure and to precise time frames is paramount
• Operation of GDS (Galileo) is desirable.
• The successful candidate will be able to work self-sufficiently, as well as part of the team.
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience in the travel sector.
The following skills are desirable:
• Working in a corporate/group booking travel environment
• Knowledge of tailor-made trips
• Booking and changing multi sector and multi product itineraries
In return we offer the following rewards package:
• Staff travel perks
• Monday to Friday working hours
• Life Assurance
• Work place pension
• Health & wellbeing benefits
• Team/Company events
• Long service rewards
• Scope for career development
• Currently working remotely due to the current climate but you must reside in the UK
How to apply:
The closing date for this position will be 23rd January 2022.
Selective Travel Management is an equal opportunity employer.